Monday, September 3, 2007

Kulthau's theory

I have to admit after I read Kulthau's theories, I felt very relieved. I felt very confused, conflicted, frustrated, and worried that I wasn't going to find a topic. I was kind of glad that these kind of feelings were normal when researching at first. I am still in the initial stages of gathering information and am still wanting to discuss with others as Kulthau also stated.
I still feel a bit of apprehension because I don't know much about the mechanisms of hearing. I feel a bit overwhelmed that I have to accomplished all of this research from the beginning in a semester. All of these feelings support Kulthau's hypothesis. I suppose I need to research first how an ear works. I'll look at a much of medical books and websites. Then move on to how an ear can be damaged and finally get to different treatment options. Information on how to fix hearing problems will probably be the hardest to retrieve.

1 comment:

Alani D. said...

I felt so relieved too. It's interesting that someone could chart these uncomfortable feelings we are experiencing and demonstrate that they are in fact normal ones to have.