Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Current Information Problems...

So I am just worried because I don't know too much about the mechanics of ears. I fear that my research will use a lot of and become like old anatomy and medical textbooks. I don't want to end up studying how to conduct ear surgery. And I don't want this project to be boring!
I am also wondering if if my topic is still too broad. I am not exactly sure how to define "hearing loss". Should I focus just on hearing loss due to aging or diseases or both? I may have to figure out how much information I have on each and decide from there.
Also I'm hoping that I can find good, interesting information on this topic and not just those old uninformative brochures that titled "What To Do If You Cannot Hear" that give advice like "Go to the doctor" and "Tell your family to speak up". That would stink and give me nothing to work with.

1 comment:

shorty27 said...

I find hearing issues very interesting. My father, uncles, and one of my best friends all have hearing issues. I am completely with you in trying to make our topics less broad. Tinnitus, a constant noise in the ear, could be a topic that you could focus on. My dad suffers from it and I can tell you that there is much more to it than people think at first. There is no cure and it can lead to many other issues that can be very painful. It's just an idea but I think if you were to look into it you would find that there was enough for a project on it.